An EB Electronic ballast uses solid state electronic circuitry to provide the proper starting and operating electrical condition to power HID lamps. Electronic ballasts usually change the frequency of the power from the standard mains (e.g., 60 Hz in U.S.) frequency to 20,000 Hz or higher, substantially eliminating the stroboscopic effect of flicker. In addition, lamps actually operate at about 9% higher efficacy above approximately 10 kHz. Lamp efficacy increases sharply at about 10 kHz and continues to improve until approximately 20 kHz. Because of the higher efficiency of the ballast itself and the improvement of lamp efficacy by operating at a higher frequency, electronic ballasts offer higher system efficacy.
- Our electronics run cooler as they are sealed with a 2 part resin coating,
along with sealed bearing fans !
- Our Ballast will strike both High Pressure Sodium or Metal Halide lamps
- Accepts both 120V., or 240V. (Only 120v cord provided)
- Dimming feature Run at 100%, 75%, or 50%-cutting back even energy cost!
- 3 year no hassle warranty
- USE PLANTMAX PULSE START BULBS FOR MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY!
Result Pages: 1
Displaying 1 to 4 (of 4 products)